The AMC Difference
For nearly 40 years, Association Management Center (AMC) has built a solid reputation of trust and long-term dedication to its clients, making it stand out among management companies nationwide. Our talented and experienced team is truly committed to our clients' missions, and our staff members take tremendous pride in helping association partners "Achieve What You Believe"
by seeing to it that they reach their goals.
- Scott, Jeff, and Mark Engle are the second generation of the Engle family to own and operate AMC. We have built our reputation for providing quality services with a business approach that supports the success of our clients and development of our staff, which together lead to the growth of our company.
- We seek long-term relationships with our clients. More than one-third of our association partners have been with AMC for more than 10 years, and we experience very low attrition. Our very first client, Association of Rehabilitation Nurses, joined us nearly 4 decades ago and remains a committed partner today—a fact of which we are deeply proud.
- We are a very stable company. The average staff tenure at AMC is 5 years, and the average length-of-stay of AMC's executives is 10 years.
- AMC has proven success growing our client organizations. Working with volunteer leaders, we set a vision for the future and develop a strategic plan for reaching those goals and base budgets and staffing upon that plan. Our success often involves increasing membership numbers, developing nondues income, and turning break-even and financially draining programs into sources of revenue.
- AMC has the industry's best financial systems in place. Annual audits validate our sound financial systems and our commitment to total transparency. To date, these audits have not resulted in any recommendations for change.
- Our executives have considerable expertise developing volunteer talent. We will work with you to develop the next generation of your leaders and identify ways to make the volunteer experience positive and rewarding for members. We are thought leaders on this topic within the association community.
- AMC's principals take an active interest in clients. Each client has a "designated Engle" who ensures that AMC performs at the highest possible levels on the client's behalf. The Engles share a passion for each client's mission and inspire staff to help each client thrive and grow.
- Our staff's passion for their profession is evidenced by their involvement in many of the professional organizations that lead the industry, including American Society of Association Executives (ASAE), AMC Institute, Association Forum of Chicagoland, Meeting Professionals International (MPI), Association Media & Publishing, the American Marketing Association, and International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE). We are innately aware of the challenges volunteer leaders face because we are volunteer leaders ourselves.
- AMC invests in technology and provides client partners with the most current tools in every area, including database, publishing, project management, and Web.
- AMC holds the highest credentials in the industry. We are proud to be accredited by AMC Institute, the only American national standard for association management companies. AMC was also charter accredited by ASAE’s AMC Accreditation program from July 3, 2001, until the dissolution of the program in 2010.
During the last 38 years we've acquired significant knowledge that enables us to successfully lead our client partners. We are poised to work with you to help you to reach your goals and "Achieve What You Believe."